Cleveland Library Position
The Library Clerk is under the direct supervision of the Library Manager and the Library Program Manager. Duties involve well – defined tasks and procedures that frequently involve assisting patrons, other staff members, and the Library Manager. Duties include all functions of the circulation desk, daily reference work, and providing assistance to patrons.
Please stop by the library (Cleveland or our sister branch, Helen) to fill out an application!
Position closes 3/22/2023
Hours and Pay:
Maximum of 10 hours a week.
Pay is $9/hour.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checking items out/in
- Helping patrons select/locate books
- Shelving and Shelf-Reading
- Pulling, placing and preparing holds from our branch
- Receiving holds from other branches, notifying respective patrons of the arrival of their books
- Knowledge of popular titles and authors
- Scheduling patrons and groups for conference room use
- Retrieving items from the book drop
- Copy machine duties (faxing, scanning, copying, printing)
- Registering new patrons for library cards, other patron account needs
- Resolving fines and overdue fees for patrons/enforcing rules regarding them
- Answering phones
- Providing answers to reference questions (in person and otherwise)
- Computer skills (a willingness to learn the Pines system, and to help patrons with public use computers and the various programs they may require assistance with)
- Other tasks assigned by Library Manager
- Politeness toward patrons and fellow staff members
- High-school Education (diploma or equivalent)
- Library experience preferred
E-Verify ID #786012
Leave a Reply