The Branch Manager position is available at the White County Public Library Helen Branch!
If you’ve always thought it would be a joy to work with our books and patrons, check out the job description below to see if this position might be a good fit for you!
WHITE COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY- HELEN BRANCH MANAGER
To the Applicant: This position will work under the direct supervision of the White County Public Library Program Manager and the White County Board of Trustees.
The person filling this position may work at the Cleveland or Helen Branch at the discretion of the Program Manager.
The person filling this position will be hired for a six-month probationary period. The Board reserves the right to terminate employment during the probationary period for any reason in accordance with Board policy. After the probationary period, the position will become permanent, provided all duties have been performed acceptably and a 3% increase in salary will be awarded.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
Persons in this position perform duties of a high level within established procedures and techniques, but requiring judgment and subject knowledge represented by a four-year college education. The employee works independently with some supervision by the White County Program Manager, the various department heads and the Regional Manager. The White County Library Board hires persons filling this position with the assistance of the Program Manager and the Regional Manager.
GENERAL EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Persons filling this position must have an undergraduate degree.
GENERAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Persons filling this position must have computer keyboard skills and basic computer operation knowledge,
- Good record keeping skills, supervisory abilities and the ability to work well with the public;
- Good knowledge of library principles, methods and techniques;
- Good knowledge of reference materials, internet and resources;
- Good knowledge of book titles and authors and some knowledge of reader interest levels;
- Public relations abilities;
- Ability to carry out administrative details independently and to conduct correspondence without review;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public.
- Supervision of Branch personnel within guidelines by the Library Board, the Program Manager and the Regional Manager and perform evaluations of personnel in accordance with the state requirements.
- To plan, organize, and direct the overall programing for the Helen Branch, under supervision of the Program Manager.
- Administration of the Branch, including preparation of statistics and reports as required by the Library Board, the Regional offices, or the State of Georgia.
- Preparation of state, federal, and local statistics, reports, etc. as required by the White County Board of Commissioners, the White County Board of Trustees, the Northeast Georgia Regional Board of Trustees, the Regional System Office, or the State of Georgia.
- To perform liaison duties with other libraries, community groups, the Northeast Georgia Regional Library System, and state, county and municipal officials.
- Selection of Books and other materials for the Helen Branch with assistance of the senior clerk; maintaining the collection through filing, discarding and weeding of the collection.
- To oversee the planning, organization and implementation of new activities and programing, paying attention to community needs and interest in relation to library services.
- To select, supervise, and evaluate employees.
- To develop special training activities as necessary.
- To conduct staff conferences and meetings as necessary.
- To represent White County Public Libraries at conferences and meetings with municipal, county, state and federal officials as necessary.
- To stay abreast of library trends.
- To formulate long range objectives.
- To attend meetings of the White County Library Board to report on activities, and other matters concerning the Helen Library.
- To maintain a close working relationship with the Program Manager and to represent library system’s philosophy of governance and service to the staff and public.
- To render fair and objective decisions based on fact that reflect the total picture of library services without showing partiality to the needs of any specific library or staff member.
- Any additional tasks that may be assigned by the White County Library Board or Program Manager.